Creating the Next Generation of Grassroots and Community Development Leaders
The Center for Neighborhood Leadership trains and supports community leaders and increases the capacity of grassroots organizations to win concrete changes for communities. The NYC Organizing Academy is designed for individuals currently doing community organizing work, who are interested in supplemental formal training to expand their skill sets, experiences and networks. ANHD’s Center for Neighborhood Leadership offers three exciting capacity building programs:
1) CNL’s 10-month Apprenticeship Program: ANHD, working in partnership with Public Allies New York, selects, trains, and places a minimum of 10 candidates in a 10-month internship at a community non-profit. Apprentices are paid a total of $17,000 for their ten months of service with on-going training, and receive health insurance, child care reimbursement benefits, and a post service education award of $5,550. To date, CNL has a 90% success rate in apprentices graduating into employment.
2) The NYC Organizing Academy. Intensive training for staff at community non-profit organization with two training tracks: 1) for new staff; 2) for experience staff.
3) Community Impact Project. CNL provides continuing strategic support for community organizations via technical assistance and collective campaign work.
Apply now for the ActionNYC Capacity-Building Fellowships. All applications and application instructions will be available later this week at WWW.RFCUNY.ORG. The deadline to submit your application is Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 5 p.m. ActionNYC’s capacity-building program consists of two competitions to support community-based organizations:
- Immigration Legal Services Capacity-Building Fellowship: Will support up to 10 organizations to participate in 40 hours of legal training and assistance. The Fellowship will occur over approximately four (4) months and each organization will receive $5,000 for their participation. The Immigrant Justice Corps will serve as the ActionNYC Immigration Legal Services Capacity-Building Fellowship Coordinator.
- Immigrant Outreach Capacity-Building Fellowship: We will support up to 10 organizations to participate in outreach training and assistance to convene culturally-tailored Know-Your-Rights (KYR) forums. The Fellowship will occur over approximately four (4) months and each organization will receive $5,000 for their participation. ANHD’s Center for Neighborhood Leadership will serve as the ActionNYC Immigrant Outreach Capacity-Building Fellowship Coordinator.